CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
for the project
“MOVING BEYOND” – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth
Training program under KA2 (Strategic Partnership) of Erasmus+
Dreams for Life Association (Romania) is inviting you to apply to a unique long-term training program developed in partnership with Learning for Change Foundation (Bulgaria) and allaZOYME (Cyprus).
The training program is part of a two-year Erasmus+ project (Strategic Partnership) called “MOVING BEYOND” – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth. Under this project 66 youth workers from the three countries (24 from Romania, 24 from Bulgaria and 18 from Cyprus) will participate in an online learning process, 3 residential training courses and a follow-up/application phase (There will be three similar training programs. Each participant will participate in only one residential training).
Application deadline – 15.04.2019
ABOUT “MOVING BEYOND”
This project is funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union through the Romanian National Agency (ANPCDEFP) under KA2, Strategic Partnerships, with the number – 2018-2-RO01-KA205-049977.
The project “MOVING BEYOND – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth” is developed in order to promote quality youth work, to foster the social inclusion and promote the empowerment of young people, mainly the marginalized ones.
These aspects are clearly reflected in the project aim which is defined as: “To foster quality and multidimensional improvements in youth work, in order to reach and empower marginalized young people, thus supporting their transition from youth to adulthood, their integration into the labor market and the chances for social inclusion and education.”
The three main concepts used in this project are:
- Developmental psychology;
- Positive psychology;
- Nature based learning.
These three concepts are in the basics of the innovative tools for personal development targeting disadvantaged youth that will be developed and disseminated by the project. The participants in the project will develop knowledge and skills in these three areas and will participate in direct implementation of tools to young people.
The goal of this project is to stimulate high quality youth work among specific stakeholders and actors in the youth field in order to better enhance the competences of the youth. The project is dedicated to the specifics of the marginalized youth. All the activities are specifically built in order to address the social inclusion of marginalized youth. With this project we are contributing to the social inclusion of marginalized youth and their empowerment. It develops innovative tools (activities, intellectual outputs, learning mobilities, etc.) that will be used by youth workers in order to contribute more efficiently to the personal and professional development of marginalized youth.
All the costs (traveling, accommodation, food, training) are covered 100% by the project, through the Erasmus+ financial support.
The learning process is built on a flow which combines elements of practice/experience, reflection, theory and application. Thus, we are aiming at:
- To develop understanding about the potential of using Developmental psychology, Positive psychology and Nature based learning in the context of social inclusion of disadvantaged youth;
- To increase the knowledge of youth workers regarding young people’s developmental needs;
- To develop skills to use innovative practices and methods in direct work with disadvantaged youth;
- To demonstrate and experience tools based on Developmental psychology, Positive psychology and Nature based learning;
- To practice methods for inclusion developed during the training with local youth;
- To develop follow-up activities targeting disadvantaged young people.
DATES OF THE RESIDENTIAL TRAININGS
Each participant selected will participate in ONE of the residential training. The learning programme activities of all the trainings will be the same:
- TC in Bulgaria – 6 – 14 June 2019
- TC in Romania – 24 August – 1 September 2019
- TC in Cyprus – 29 October – 6 November 2019
PARTICIPANTS’ SELECTION CRITERIA
The selection process will be base on the following criteria:
- RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: persons who have at least 1 year of experience in youth work (or relevant field – social work, pedagogy, coaching, counseling etc.).
- MOTIVATION: persons who feel a strong calling to participate in this course and have strong and relevant motivation for joining the process. The motivation should be a blend of personal and professional factors. Since the trainings have a dimension of Nature based learning, we are looking for persons who feel comfortable being in nature and who can immerse in natural learning environments.
- CAPACITY TO USE THE EXPERIENCE: each participant must be part of an organization/institution which is connected with the project topics or is willing to incorporate them in the future activities and projects.
The ideal participant is willing to:
- Work with nature and holistic approaches;
- Work with disadvantaged youth at deeper personal levels;
- Gain new non-formal practices and methods;
- Develop future partnerships in the area of youth work and inclusion;
- Develop personally and professionally.
The participants must be over 18 years and have a good level of English.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
The project partnership is looking for:
- 24 youth workers from Bulgaria (8 for each residential training)
- 24 youth workers from Romania (8 for each residential training)
- 18 youth workers from Cyprus (6 for each residential training)
The groups in each training are formed of 22 participants from the three countries as follows: 8 Bulgarians, 8 Romanians and 6 Cypriots.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
If you want to participate in the online learning and the selection process you need to fill in the application form available at this link:
The deadline for application submission is 15th of April 2019 (included).
The selection results will be published in maximum 7 days after the application deadline.
Information about the call you can download from here – CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS MOVING BEYOND
Detailed information about the project and the training process you can download from here – MOVING BEYOND detailed information
Eleni Michail (Cyprus) – email@example.com
Ognian Gadoularov (Bulgaria) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bogdan Romanica (Romania) – email@example.com
The project “MOVING BEYOND” – innovative learning tools for personal and professional development of youth is funded by the Erasmus + Programme of the European Union through the Romanian National Agency (ANPCDEFP) under KA2, Strategic Partnerships, with the number – 2018-2-RO01-KA205-049977.