Due to the inability to implement the program on the relevant dates, the training will be rescheduled for the spring of 2019. Please follow the information provided on www.learningforchange.net for the new training call.
wholing and self-healing through nature
Deep personal journey following the Nature based map of human psyche and
Ecocentric developmental Wheel
Bulgaria, Gudevica village, Educational centre „Nature School”
8 - 15 October 2018
Based on Bill Plotkin’s book, Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche, this 6-day intensive program is an experiential exploration of our human psyches as unique expressions of the universal forces and patterns of nature. We will work with the Nature-Based Map of the Human Psyche and Ecocentric developmental Wheel.
Our wild minds possess astonishing resources, untapped potentials and depths that we might not even know exist until we discover how to access them, cultivate their powers, and eventually integrate them into our everyday lives. In this programme, we’ll access these depths and potentials — which we call the four facets of the Self, or the four dimensions of our innate human wholeness — and also the four sets of fragmented or wounded subpersonalities that form during childhood.
Rather than attempt to eliminate our subpersonalities (which is not possible) or to beat them into submission, we’ll cultivate the four facets of the Self and uncover the gifts of these subpersonalities. Our goal is to fully embody our multifaceted wild minds, commit ourselves to the largest, soul-infused story we’re capable of living, and serve the greater Earth community.
We’ll explore the landscape of the psyche through a variety of practices, including creative expression, self-designed ceremony, solo exercises while wandering on the land, group work, movement, voice dialogue, journaling, deep imagery work and other.
- Practicing nature based methods for wholing and self-healing;
- Experiencing self-discovery process based on Ecocentric development;
- Developing a personal relationship with nature and cultivating the ecological consciousness;
- To recognize and consciously cultivate the four facets of the Self — your innate human wholeness;
- To identify the subpersonalities that supported you in the childhood and adolescence to adapt to the challenges of family and social life, but ultimately became barriers to your full and authentic humanity;
- To discover practices and guidelines for cultivating relationships between the Self and your subpersonalities, enabling you to heal the subpersonalities, discover their gifts, and foster Self-actualization;
- To develop a positive mind-set and attitude towards life.
THE PARTICIPANTS WILL GAIN
- Awareness of one's own being (who they are, what is their essence, how they can make their life journey in a more genuine and meaningful way).
- Exploration and cultivation of the inner resources: Nurturing Generative Adult, Wild Indigenous One, Innocent/Sage, The Muse Beloved.
- Confidence, courage, empathy, naturalness, authenticity, clarity, wildness, Imagination etc.
- Authentic and empathic connection with others (integrating the principles of listening and speaking from the heart)
- A personal relationship with nature (exploring the 4 natural elements: air, water, earth, fire, ecological awareness, awakening the existential intelligence)
TOPICS OF THE PROGRAMME
- Ecocentric developmental practices – exploring and understanding the concept and elements of the Ecocentric Developmental Wheel and how our personal development can be in line with Nature (both inner and outer).
- Working with the Nature Based Map of the Human Psyche – cultivating personal resources for wholing and self-healing, by using nature based therapeutic practices.
- Self-discovery practices – experiencing methods for completing developmental tasks (or filling deficits) from previous developmental stages from our life (e.g. fasting, solo, meditation, embodiment, trance dance etc).
- Spirituality – exploring secret-sacred things, sharing experiences, understanding human spirituality in different cultural backgrounds, exploring rituals and ceremonies.
- The Ecocentric Developmental Wheel
- Working with vulnerabilities
- Practices for wholing and self-healing
- Self-discovery process
- Therapeutic practices
- The Way of Council
- Connecting with nature
- Experiential learning
- Solo time in nature
- Living as a community (cleaning, cooking etc.)
Bogdan Romanică (ROMANIA) is a nature based guide for human development. The most important part of his formation is the continuous training with Animas Valley Institute from USA (the organization founded by Bill Plotkin), where he completed the Wild Mind Training Program and other specific courses. He is also an active trainer at national and international level, a mentor for one to one work and the coordinator of Dreams for Life organization from Romania. Deeply attracted by the mysteries of nature and psyche he feels called to bring people closer to their heart and deep life purpose.
Ognian Gadoularov (BULGARIA) is a passionate nature lover, a rock climber and an expert of wildlife, birds and forest. He is a veterinarian by profession, but for 11 years now he has been supporting youth and adults to open their full potential of life and discover themselves. Ognian is a trainer and a youth worker with interests and expertise in the fields of meditation, yoga, energy practices and others. Particular attention he is paying to training for personal development, self-discovery, responsible consumption, sustainability and environmental protection. https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/toy/ognian-gadoularov.2625/
Both Bogdan and Ognian have a rich background in providing life changing experiences in safe but challenging environments. The guides are professional trainers with strong background in human development and psychology, with high ethics and working principles.
A sliding scale of between 250 euro and 300 euro applies. Participants are invited to contribute according to their means. The programme fee includes online preparation, accommodation, food and facilitation. A booking deposit of 100 euro must be paid until 15 September 2018. The remaining amount is due by 5 October 2018. A 10% discount will apply to bookings received before 31 August 2018. Enrolment is limited to 16 participants so please book early to secure a place.
If you are interested in joining the Natural Minds, please fill in the application form – https://goo.gl/forms/NImDJhkNs3lgLvLs1
Enrolled participants will receive further information about the methods of payment and travel to the venue.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of the programme in person, please contact Ognian Gadoularov on +359 896 756 267, or email@example.com .
Download the full invitation - Natural Minds Bulgaria Invitation
PREPARATION BEFORE THE PROGRAM
The participation in this program requires an intensive preparation phase. Those who will be accepted in the program should follow an online learning process (reading different materials, articles, watching videos).
Reading Bill Plotkin’s "Wild Mind” book is a strong recommendation in order to benefit as much as possible from the program - http://www.wildmindbook.com/ .
The participants will receive several suggestions for personal work before coming to the program (e.g. journaling on certain questions, self-time in nature and several other invitations).
Applying to this program requires also the commitment to follow the preparation process.
DATES OF THE PROGRAM
Dates: 08-15 October 2018
Arrival day: 08 October 2018 before 12:00 (AM) in Sofia
Departure day: 15 October 2018 after 12:00 (AM) from Sofia.
VENUE – EDUCATIONAL CENTER “NATURE SCHOOL”
The training course will take place in the Educational center “Nature school” in Gudevica village. The center is situated in the mountain next to the Greek border in thinly populated region. There is NO PERMANENT WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS in the center.
The educational centre “Nature school” is placed in an old school building surrounded by beautiful nature, high in the Rhodopy Mountains. There are a lot of nature phenomena around – Springs of Arda River, Uhlovica and Golubovica caves, Peak Kom and also natural reserves.
The place is RURAL AND REMOTE. So you have to be ready to live close to the nature, in a small community far from the city civilization! You would enjoy the place if you are a person who likes outdoors and country life.
The accommodation will be in a village house (hut-type) with big common sleeping rooms. There are separate rooms for women and men. The beds are equipped with sheets, blankets and sleeping bags. There are two bathrooms with hot water in the house. There is also an outdoor bathroom (with amazing view to the sunset). The toilets in the center are 5 – 2 internal and 3 external compost ones. There is also a possibility to use tents and camping equipment for free if anybody wants.
During the training rich and healthy VEGETARIAN food will be served. It will include products from local farmers, homemade cheese, butter and milk and lots of vegetables and grains. The food will be prepared by a professional cook.
Please, inform us about any special diet and food allergies by stating it in the application form.